Monday, February 15, 2016

Disney Verifies Star Wars VIII Production Start, New Cast Members

In a short video (below), Disney verifies that Star Wars 8 is in production now. Ironically they do it by using behind the scenes footage shot while filming the final moment of The Force Awakens. Rian Johnson is directing with the main cast of Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis all returning.

In addition three new cast members were announced - Laura Dern, Kelly Marie Tran, and Benicio del Toro. Laura Dern should be familiar to Jurassic Park fans, and Benicio from The Collector in Guardians of the Galaxy. This will be Kelly Marie Tran's first movie and looking at her career list and pics it seems her main role on YouTube and TV guest appearances was to be adorkable. Not a negative, just observing a pattern that could be either very informative of her character or completely useless information. Per usual, no clues on what their characters are, how much screen time, or other details. Rumors are the del Toro's character will be the films big bad but that remains unconfirmed.

1 comment:

  1. dear JJ Abrams there is something EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT ABOUT films & tv shows that have been missing a factor that no one has ever used & only I know what this is, so before I reveal anything & only in person with a nondisclosure agreement in advance, this thing I'm talking about is FANTASTIC & will catch on 100% through every science fiction film fiction & non fiction, for example the show FRINGE was missing a person with a Quantum Physic's background all along, in my case I possess that background but I don't think it would work for STAR WARS as much as it would have worked for FRINGE. (have you thought about a movie called FRINGE THE MOVIE???, any way here is my phone number (818)9170829 I might have to tell you that I'm suffering from non Hodgkin's lymphoma & I do not know yet how long I have so if your interested in making a deal with me & I would also like a major ,part in this project I'm proposing. call me to set a meeting ASAP

    ReplyDelete