Monday, November 12, 2012

JJ Abrams Opts Out of Star Wars

It seems that directing Star Trek is enough "Star" for JJ Abrams as he doesn't seem interested in directing Star Wars: Episode VII that Disney has announced for 2015 release. Most of Hollywood's biggest names have expressed disinterest in directing the next Star Wars films but probably for everyone willing to pass there are a few dozen that would jump at the high risk, high reward project.
"Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time,” J.J. gushed. He added, “I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment