The DVD and Blu-Ray release of Cloverfield is Tuesday. Ironically I am going to pass on purchasing the movie (considering how I blogged about it) but figure many others are getting it. The DVD has the usual commentary, deleted seens and making of featurettes. To my knowledge, there is no additional special content exclusive to the Blu-Ray edition of the film. Considering the handi-cam filming style of the movie I can't help but think that buying the movie on Blu-Ray is a waste of money since I doubt the picture quality will be any different.
• Commentary: Commentary by Director Matt Reeves
• Featurette: The Making of Cloverfield
• Featurette: Cloverfield Visual Effects
• Featurette: I Saw It! It's Alive! It's Huge
• Featurette: Clover Fun
• Additional Scenes: Congrats Rob
• Additional Scenes: When You're in Japan
• Additional Scenes: I Call That a Date
• Additional Scenes: It's Going to Hurt
• Additional Scenes: Alt Ending #1
• Additional Scenes: Alt Ending #2
• Easter Eggs: Slusho!
• Easter Eggs: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 2
• Easter Eggs: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 5
• Easter Eggs: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 9
• Easter Eggs: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 11
• Easter Eggs: Rack 'Em & Pack 'Em
• Easter Eggs: Fighting the X
Target - $15.99
Wal-Mart - $16.87 (but probably $14.99 on the day if history is any guild)
Circuit City - $14.99
Best Buy - $15.99
Trans World Entertainment Corp (Fye, Wherehouse Music, Suncoast and others) - Steelcase edition, usually first week of release they sell for $19.99, $24.99 after if any left
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
The Hollywood Reporter posts that Jeff Pinkner is joining Fringe as the exec producer and showrunner. Fringe is from JJ Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who are all currently still working on Star Trek XI. Pinkner previousily worked on other Abrams' shows of Alias and Lost.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Below are two alternate endings for Cloverfield. At least until they get pulled. I assume the same footage is on the DVD set coming out April 22nd. The endings are not that much different from the movie, really they are alternate takes rather then endings.
Alternate Ending 1
Alternate Ending 2
Alternate Ending 2