Thursday, July 26, 2007

JJ Abrams Denies Monstrous Title

A note from FirstShowing.net is indicating that the title of codename Cloverfield is not Monstrous. I think the leaked image proves that the title was at least under considering but movie titles do change names, at least until the big marketing push that usually begins about a month or so before the release date.

From JJ Abrams:
“I want a monster movie, I've wanted one for so long. I was in Japan with my son and all he wanted to do is go to toy stores. And we saw all these Godzilla toys, and I thought, we need our own monster, and not King Kong, King Kong's adorable. I wanted something that was just insane and intense. It's almost done shooting and I watch dailies and I'm more excited for them than the trailer, which has had an overwhelming response. We have 6 months before this comes out. We're going to have a whole bunch of things, a whole bunch more." He said a full trailer, more clips, full posters, and much more will be coming out over the next 6 monts, including the name, which he will NOT reveal today.

“You think we'd call it Monstrous? No…"
(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment