Monday, September 7, 2009

Wizard Talks Fringe with Torv, Abrams

Fringe star and knockout Anna Torv talks about the upcoming season of the show starts September 17th at 9:00pm in the States in the current issue of Wizard Magazine. The October issue (on news stands now) also briefly talks to show creator/executive producer/writer/director J.J. Abrams who provides his usual non-answer answers to any attempt to get secrets about the show. Above and below are the related pages from Wizard issue and snippets from the interviews.

Anna Torv
When did you learn [Peter Bishop was from an alternate reality]?
We should've guessed it. We certainly knew there was something not right about that. But we didn't for sure really until the episode with the gravestone.

How was it filming your one scene with Leonard Nimoy, who played notorious scientist William Bell in the season finale?
Well, it was fast and furious. It was the last scene of the last episode of our last day in New York, but he was so beautiful and gentle. Actually, I think I have a scene coming up soon with him, potentially the rest of the scene that we shot for the last episode.

Do you have a lot of "I can't believe I'm doing this" moments on set?
Yeah. On a regular basis. Like today - we're doing night shoots at the moment [for] the second episode, but I'm about to go in a tunnel and get goop all over myself. I can't tell [you why] or I'll give away the story.

What can we expect from this season?
I think last year was very much about understanding and realizing that there is an enemy - for want of a better word - and I think that this season is kind of about preparing a little. I think that the Fringe team [is] definitely going to be a little more sure-footed, a little bit more aggressive and a little bit more proactive, whereas last season I think they were very, very reactionary.

I read that you keep your American accent on set even when you're not shooting a scene. Is that correct?
No, I'm always dropping in and out. It's funny how your ear changes when you're living in a country. When you first arrive, the differences are really dramatic and your accent's actually better, and then it starts to meld and you can't hear the differences as clearly. But I always get angry because I think if people don't know I'm Australian, they don't hear anything; they just hear me speaking American and accept it. But when people do know I'm Australian they start to listen out and then they'll be all, "Oh, see her accent's terrible!" [Laughs]
J.J. Abrams
What can we expect from the season premiere, which you are writing correct?
I co-wrote the premiere with Akiva Goldsman, and he directed it. One of the cool things about this premiere is how many balls are up in the air at one time. There's a lot going on. It's cool because the moment that propels the story forward is actually in the final episode [of season one]. But it's somewhat cryptic, somewhat hidden. It'll become clear when you see the premiere what it was, and it's great. It's a mystery that centers around of our main characters. It's personal. It's, I think, a very creepy and cool and weird premiere, and I think Akiva did an excellent job directing.

Will we see the other Walter who lost his son at some point?
I'd rather not talk about specifics in that regard, but it sure is a cool idea, isn't it?

Will Peter find out his origin this season do you think?
I would say that it's, of course, something that we're working on figuring out when and how and if he learns the history of his father and himself. It is one of those things that we are toying with.

No comments:

Post a Comment